Felicity Hammond

Hammond is an artists whose work is mainly based around installation pieces. Her work combines ideas of photography with sculpture, structure and installation. Her work explores political contradictions within the urban landscape and construction sites and built environments. Some of her work uses digital manipulation and printing onto materials such as acrylic.


I think Hammonds work is really interesting, especially the way it is presented, it feels like you are in the middle of a different landscape. Like you are physically in the work.

She created landscapes and allows the audience to be fully involved in them. It really feels as though her work is an experience, like a Disney ride almost, where you travel through the built sets and scenes of a movie. 

The added levels of interaction take her work from being a documentation or representation of something to being a proper immersive experience. I know I won't be able to achieve something to this level in this project however this is something I would like to work towards in the future. I don't want my work to be something to just look at I want it to be something people are involved in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thibault Brunet

Artist Statement

Action Plan