Artist Statement

My work is about place and building relationships between places. It is about bringing the idea of ‘paradise’ or the ‘perfect’ landscape into everyday life. Taking fragments of the places I have visited and turning them into a new place. They then become parts of a whole fragment. I have built relationships between the places in the images by placing the fragments next to each other. I have been finding ways to make these places exist in physical form as well as digitally. I have been adding depth to these flat images, because they are more than just fragments of locations placed together, they have now become their own landscape. To me each fragment of the image reminds me of a specific place and time, however other people may just see a landscape. The way they are presented either shows them as their individual fragments or as a whole fragment. This has been an exploration into bringing collaged landscapes to life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Action Plan

Photography and Place - Australian Landscape Photography