Jesse Treece

Treece is a collage artist who's work combines both landscape photography and portraiture. His collages have elements of objects, people and landscape making for some interesting work. The perspectives of each element are different making the outcome of the image something you can stare at for ages, mesmerised by what you see.

Treece physically makes his collages, which is something I don't really do, I tend to make my collages digitally and then see what I can do with them physically. I think because cutting elements out of landscapes can be quite difficult especially if there is small details, it does make it easier to use photoshop to do this. I do think that I should try creating a collage physically as well, I might try this with found imagery rather than with my own.

I like the way that Treeces images shouldn't make sense with the different elects combined in the way that they are. However they do and they make very interesting images that seem to tell a story. My work is based around landscape and the way in which we view places however I do think I could try adding in some other elements to see how these look and if I like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artist Statement

Thibault Brunet

Action Plan