Richard Long

Richard Long is an artist that I have looked a few times. I like his work because it feels as though it is a journey. He is one person who manages to make marks on the earth just by simply walking. I enjoy the process he goes through and the way he photographs his end results. He changes the way a landscape looks by himself.


I like the way he is described as a land artist. The reason I have chosen to look at Long is because he changes the land and turns it into something new for people to look at. I think that is what I am trying to do, I am taking places and rearranging them into a new place. I think another reason why I like Longs work so much is because the act of walking is so simple yet creates such a big impact on the landscape.


His work takes place in the landscape and I love the way it is so simple yet so effective I feel like it makes you realise just how much impact one person can have. His work related a lot to the ideas i was looking at in my dust project however I am thinking of bringing some of those ideas into my next lot of work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artist Statement

Thibault Brunet

Action Plan