Relationship with humans and landscape

 'Landscape may be shaped by human involvement, but the human is itself shaped by landscape, and neither has the upper hand in this relationship - each is appropriated by and to the other' - Malpas

I came across this quote when reading the article by Anneke de Klerk and I felt as though it was very relevant to my work. I am here shaping my own landscapes creating them how I see fit however this does not make me any greater than the landscape as it in itself has allowed me to create this work. My work would not exist without the landscape and my landscape images would not exist without me. I feel like although I have been changing landscapes I am very aware of the respect I have for the natural world and am conscious of the effects humans are having on nature - both positive and negative. This is something I spoke about in my CP3 essay. This quote feels to pull both my practice and my research together to make them tie in nicely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thibault Brunet

Artist Statement

Action Plan