Discussion Group Week 2 - Working Methodologies

For this task I chose to try Sylvia's method - Practicing Place. I walked around near deans gate, an area I have a view of from my window but somewhere I have not explored in great detail. I wanted to explore this area to get more of an idea about how the place was laid out. I have included some of the buildings from this area in my work before so it made sense for me to explore the area a bit more.

Whilst I was there I also took notes about the weather and just general thoughts and feelings.

By going to this place and taking notes and making observations, I feel as though I was able to look into the idea of perspective more. I studied the buildings up close and far away. in my work perspective doesn't matter, the scenes need to make sense but if the perspectives don't match then it doesn't matter massively. The each individual sections of my collages can have different perspectives as long as the scene mainly makes sense when it is all together. 

I have enjoyed studying this area and drawing, both digitally and with a pencil, I tried to challenge myself with the drawings by limiting the time I had to draw but also only drawing in continuous line. I have enjoyed this way of working as I feel like I explored the area and was also able to produce some drawings out of it. I have thought about the idea of perspectives but I have also been able to draw freely.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artist Statement

Thibault Brunet

Action Plan