Letha Wilson

Letha Wilsons work is a mix of photography and sculpture. She uses different industrial materials to physically create wonderful structures. Some of her works are quite abstract and I really like the contrast between the material she has used and the beautiful photograph that is collaged in with it.


The photos in Wilsons work are landscapes and natural scenes, this works really well against the heavy industrial materials. Most other work is site specific and large scale, if the work is left in an outside area then the colours in the work change due to the weather and environment, I really like this idea as it feels as though her work is constantly changing, it keeps going through processes. Another thing I like about her work is that a piece is not always just a standard  rectangle, sometimes it is an unexpected shape but they seem to work really well.


I like the way Wilson presents landscapes in her work. She doesn't really show them as they are she tends to turn them into a representation of what they are. Wilson works with in the darkroom and with digital media. She cuts and folds her photos then also uses c-prints and emulsion transfers within her work. I find photographs that have been combined with sculpture really interesting and I think that there is so much you can do to a photograph physically.


I think that the way you can see the materials she has used her work, she doesn't try to hide them they are a key part of the work. I think the way she is pushing the boundaries of what is considered photography is really interesting, I really like work like this and I would like to be able to achieve something similar.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artist Statement

Thibault Brunet

Action Plan