Escher

I have decided to look at Escher as his pieces of work are all illusions and perspective plays a big part. I like this idea of turning my work into illusions, more in the sense that you feel as though you're looking at a real place when it is actually just a collage of photos of different places. However I feel as though Escher is a good artist to look at as his illusions are amazing. All of his work is so detailed and I like the way that you can look at his work for ages and not get bored, you're always trying to figure it out or discovering something new. You can view his work from multiple perspectives.

The illusion in my work will come from the fact that people are looking at these beautiful scenes thinking that they would like to visit somewhere like that but then feeling slightly cheated because it isn't real. I wonder if this could be related to the ides behind the uncanny slightly?

Eschews work is really fun to look at and you could spend a long time looking at it, every piece is different yet they are similar in the ideas behind them. I think the issue with what I am thinking about doing is that it could get boring, a series of landscapes could only be interesting up until a certain point. Thats why I think it is important for me to add another element to my work for example a 3D perspective.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artist Statement

Thibault Brunet

Action Plan