Dust Review

This was one of my favourite projects I have done. I found the ideas and concepts really interesting, I also really enjoyed producing the work and the final outcomes. The photos I took went through multiple processes to get to the final images.


I looked into the ideas of place, location and trace. I also used multiple different types of media, including clay and video. Some of the processes included freezing and defrosting images and clay pieces. Photographing and filming the processes then projecting these images on to objects, photographing this then freezing and defrosting the images. I really like the way the images had been through their own journey.

I looked into footprints and leaving a trail, how you can capture this moment of existence. I used clay to make moulds of the soles of shoes as well as rubbings and having people walk on paper. It was about recording a journey. Then the images went through their own journey.


I looked at Danny Treacys work, he creates aluminium casts of the forest floor. I also looked into Richards Longs work quite a bit, the way he does a repeat process to leave behind a trace. I liked the idea of looking into what had been left behind.


The ideas in terms of both the concept and research side and also image aspect of the project were really enjoyable for me. This was a project that i felt very satisfied and happy with, from start to finish i enjoyed every aspect of it. This was also the project that I spoke about in my presentation which was very successful.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thibault Brunet

Artist Statement

Action Plan