Topographic Maps

 I created a clay piece to project onto. However when looking at it, I think the piece is interesting on its own. Out of context it doesn't really make sense however when placed next to landscape imagery it seems to have a whole new meaning. It looks like a topographic map, sculpting out the contours of the land.

I am still going to try to project onto the clay however, I think I am going to take some photos of the culture on its own. I think it will be interesting to capture the different shadows and contours on the piece. These images could then be layered onto some of the collages to add dimension. I think that there could be a lot of interesting things that come from this sculpture.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thibault Brunet

Artist Statement

Action Plan