Hannah Whitaker

 I chose to look at Hannah Whitaker because I really like her style, I know here work doesn't relate to mine exactly however there are a few similar elements. She uses a lot of repeat patterns and her work looks quite abstract and collaged. She uses a lot of shapes and patters with parts of the human body involved. 

I really like the colours in her work some are mainly black and white with pops of colour and others have subtle hues running through. I think her way of working is really interesting as well, Whitaker shoots on 4x5 film and then cuts out shapes and places them into the camera. Rather then adding the shapes after she engrains them during the capturing process.

In most of her work she uses the human body - usually female - and turns it quite abstract, removing parts of it or only including one specific element for example arms. For me I like to take landscapes and turn them into something else, whether that be a more abstract landscape or a completely new scene.

I like the way her work looks like patterns rather than collages, she uses multiple layers in her photographs and pushes the limitations of photography. I think the shapes she uses and the colours help create a sort of pop art feel. I definitely think after looking at her work that there are a lot of approaches to collage and layering that I haven't thought about.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artist Statement

Thibault Brunet

Action Plan