Photographing clay

 I photographed the clay piece I made properly so that I could use a light to capture the shadows and contours in the piece. I think these turned out great. This piece of clay is really interesting for me because out of context it doesn't really make sense however when placed with everything else it fits in. I really like the images that came out of this. I like the blue shadows as well, it reminds me of land covered in snow. When you can't quite make out the contours in the land because it is all just a blanket of white. Then with the royal blue shadow it feels like the sky massively contrasting with the white of the snow or clay. I also like the way that there isn't really a correct way up for this piece, it looks good photographed from every angle.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thibault Brunet

Artist Statement

Action Plan